Spec Class Rules
- Four Wheel Drive touring car chassis only.
- Single drive motor, single speed Transmission, four wheel drive (4WD) vehicles are allowed only.
- Chassis must have independent suspension to all four wheels.
- Minimum Weight, ready race including personal transponder is 1350g.
- No part of the chassis assembly, including wheels/tyres/axles, may protrude outside the body shell when viewed from above.
- Foam bumpers must be fitted. No part of the bumper may extend outside the body-shell when viewed from any direction, nor be lower than the chassis. o Under body/chassis aerodynamic aids of any nature are not allowed.
- Bodies are controlled and will be provided with entry to the class
- The body will be the Bittydesign Nardo
- All bodies are to be painted ONE solid colour. No two same colours are to be used. Competitors to agree on chosen colours
- Only wings provided with the body are to be used
- The body shell must be trimmed to retain, in some form, molded features such as front splitter, side skirt and rear bumper.
- No holes or slots are allowed on the body or wing, except for body post, aerial and transponder holes
- Details of all front and rear lights plus the main front grill must be clearly contrasted from the surrounding paintwork. Windows are to be transparent.
- All cars must have one on the side (two total)
- Hobbywing, Bittydesign and Hearns Hobbies decals provided are to be applied as shown in figure 1.1 below. You may also apply your own chassis manufacture decals.
- *NO OTHER DECAL BESIDES THE ONES LISTED ARE TO BE APPLIED*
- Speed controllers must provide zero timing advance, along with disabling advanced motor control functions (i.e. Boost, Cheat Mode, Turbo, etc). When the “0 Boost” profile is enabled, it shall be indicated by a blinking LED while the ESC is armed and in neutral position.
- Approved Motors, JUSTOCK-3650SD-21.5T G2
- Motors must be marked and sealed at beginning of season
- A gear ratio limit of 3.5:1 is to be run
- No motor modifications are allowed
- Only Batteries that appear on the ROAR or BRCA approved battery lists
- 2S LiPo batteries with a maximum nominal voltage of 7.6v
- Approved Lithium Polymer batteries only as per ROAR, IFMAR or BRCA web site listings.
- Batteries must be factory sealed in a hard case that can withstand impacts as per ROAR testing procedures.
- No soft cased batteries allowed, for primary battery source. No modifications are allowed to the case and/or the battery, any physical distortion, denting, split seams, puncturing or other damage to the hard case of the LiPo battery will deem the battery to be ineligible for use.
- Any touring car style slick tyres and dish rims may be used
- A limit of TWO sets of tyres per season to be used.
- Your tyres are to be handed in and marked at the beginning of the race season
- No tyre additives / traction compounds to be used
- No tyre warmers to be used
- Tyres may be cleaned with brake cleaners only
Minimum 1350 grams ready to run including transponder.